Welcome to The Logical Liberal and thanks for stopping by! In this initial post I thought it’d be fitting to tell you more about what you can expect from this website. To learn more about me, check out the About page. As for the website…
What does “Liberal” mean?
When most people hear the word liberal they think politically liberal, as in Bernie Sanders or environmentalists. While I often agree with those who are politically liberal, in the context of this website, liberal means the actually dictionary definition of the word:
Sometimes being open-minded will mean agreeing with those who are politically liberal. Sometimes it won’t. And just because being liberal means being willing to discard traditional values doesn’t mean always embracing what’s considered new or progressive. If I could snap my fingers and severely limit the scope of social media I’d do it. What’s traditional isn’t necessarily bad. What’s new isn’t necessarily better.
What kind of articles can I expect?
- Political commentary similar to what you can find in the “More Writing” section of the website.
- Calling out BS and logical fallacies from all sides of the political spectrum like when Trump takes credit for the stock market or when militant progressives criticize “white men” as if we should all be lumped together into a category labeled “Awful.”
- Analysis of complex subjects like the gun violence epidemic, the #MeToo movement, or what qualities matter most in a President.
- Articles exploring the ideas of criminally underappreciated author Chuck Klosterman.
- Updates and information on issues Citizens Take Action is working on, including the push for a constitutional amendment to get big money out of politics.
- Musings on things like what the finances of baseball teams can tell us about capitalism, thoughts on famous true crime cases, personal finance advice, and suggested “rules to live by.”
How often do you post new content?
A minimum of once a week to start. Then we’ll take it from there.
Thanks again for visiting the site. I hope you’ll come back periodically to check for new content. Feel free to follow me on social media channels or reach out via email with comments or questions. And, if you like what you read, please share articles or spread the word to others. Thank you!